World of Ends
What the Internet Is and
How to Stop Mistaking It
for Something Else.
Just read this article at http://www.worldofends.com/
Aaaaaamen. Too freaking right brother.
Text of article is behind cut thingie. Here are the bullet points:
1. The Internet isn't complicated
2. The Internet isn't a thing. It's an agreement.
3. The Internet is stupid.
4. Adding value to the Internet lowers its value.
5. All the Internet's value grows on its edges.
6. Money moves to the suburbs.
7. The end of the world? Nah, the world of ends.
8. The Internet’s three virtues:
a. No one owns it
b. Everyone can use it
c. Anyone can improve it
9. If the Internet is so simple, why have so many been so boneheaded about it?
10. Some mistakes we can stop making already.( The Long Way aroundCollapse )
This makes so much sense as far as what the "Internet dreamers" VS the "DOT-Bomb" boys debate is saying. Frankly I felt a lot of these points but had no way of putting them into discrete statements.
Frankly, just a discussion of two blind men and a large elephant. Current Mood: impressed